This conference will bring together decision-makers from politics, business and public institutions and researchers from across the world to discuss the challenges and chances arising from green innovations for Europe's economies. We are pleased to welcome a number of outstanding speakers, including:
- Klaus Töpfer, Executive Director of the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) and former Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP),
- Franz Untersteller, Minister of the Environment, Climate Protection and the Energy Sector of Baden-Württemberg,
- Robert N. Stavins, Harvard University, United States,
- Richard G. Newell, Duke University, United States,
- Georg Müller, Chairman of the Board of Directors, MVV Energie AG, Germany,
- Peter Terwiesch, Chief Executive Officer, ABB AG Germany,
- Fritz Vahrenholt, Chief Executive Officer, RWE Innogy GmbH, Germany, and
- Georg Zachmann, Research Fellow on Energy and Climate Change, BRUEGEL, Belgium.
Furthermore, scholars from various economic disciplines will present their research results on the topic of the conference:"The Green Growth Challenge".