European Network on Better Institutions – ZEW ENBI
The purpose of the SEEK project "European Network on Better Institutions – ZEW ENBI" is to establish a network of European research institutes under the direction of ZEW. This network shall carry out applied research on questions relating to institutional reforms in Europe – an area in which ZEW has already been actively involved through the work of several of its Research Units for many years. The network shall thereby make a significant contribution to the relevant debate through policy proposals. The work is organised in three annual cycles, each of which focuses on one of the following areas:
- Sustainable fiscal governance,
- Fiscal stabilisation mechanisms,
- Macro-prudential regulation.
Each of the cycles aims to generate an original and research-backed proposal for institutional reform in Europe. This is achieved through applied research which shall be collated in academic papers and disseminated in an annual policy report.
Existing research cooperations, some of which were established in previous SEEK projects, will be further consolidated and institutionalised within the framework of this project.
Duration: April 2016 - March 2019
Intern: ZEW – Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research
- Friedrich Heinemann, ZEW Research Department Corporate Taxation and Public Finance
- Zareh Asatryan, ZEW Research Department Corporate Taxation and Public Finance
- Frederik Eidam, ZEW Research Department International Finance and Financial Management
- Annika Havlik, ZEW Research Group International Distribution and Redistribution
- Michael Schröder, ZEW Research Department International Finance and Financial Management